11T Services is adding a Legal Assistant/Paralegal to our growing Legal Team. This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package along with the opportunity to work in a collaborative, high energy team environment.
The Legal Assistant/Paralegal will provide administrative legal support with various tasks, including basic legal research, locating defendants, providing support with a variety of legal cases that may include Quiet Title and Eviction cases, drafting and reviewing letters and pleadings, communicating with external sources including attorneys and title companies in several states, tracking status of cases, organizing files, and any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Legal.
At 11T Services, we have a passion for maximizing investment outcomes on specialty real estate related assets and building trusting relationships with our clients. Our in-depth knowledge and data-driven strategies set us apart, our services fuel personalized strategies, and our focus drives us forward.
- Draft, merge, and file legal documents
- Provide support including processing and tracking the Tax Deed Application process
- Provide support with incoming deeds, preparing and filing of deeds
- Assist with review of titles for new purchases (network-wide)
- Assist with ordering title searches including subsequent title review on newly acquired property
- Case management support and timely progression for eviction actions, partition action, bankruptcy, and quiet title actions
- Refer cases to outside counsel and communicate with counsel regularly, acting as primary point of contact
- Case management support to paralegal/legal assistant staff and inhouse counsel
- Other support duties as assigned by Director of Legal
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate Degree, or Certificate in field of study a plus
- Minimum of one year of experience in a legal setting preferred; real estate experience a plus
- Highly organized and able to learn quickly and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Approach challenges as opportunities with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to process work quickly and accurately – dealing with interruptions, changing timelines and priorities on a regular basis
- Self-motivated, high inclusive individual that functions well in a fast-paced, high detail environment
- Willing to embrace technology to promote efficient operations
- Comfortable using software programs to process data and interpret results through critical thinking skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Word programs as well as ability to learn and effectively operate computer and associated software programs – including but not limited to TrackVia, Traction, etc.
This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package including two group health insurance options: PPO or HDHP plans, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance at nominal costs as well as additional individual policy offerings of Direct Primary Care, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospitalization plans. Also available are Flex Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care) and/or an HSA account (with an HDHP). Company paid benefits include a $50K Life/AD&D Plan, Short and Long Disability Insurance plans, 401(k) with matching provision, unlimited vacation policy, 5 sick days per calendar year, 8 1/2 paid holidays and working in a collaborative, high energy team environment.